This privacy notice explains what personal data (information) we hold about you, how we collect it, and how we use and may share information about you during our management of your development or building, and after it ends. We are required to notify you of this information under the General Data Protection Regulation.
Please ensure you read this notice (sometimes referred to as a “privacy notice” and any other similar notice we may provide to you from time to time when we collect or process personal information about you. This privacy notice contains important information on who we are, how and why we collect, store, use and share personal information, your rights in relation to your personal information and on how to contact us and supervisory authorities in the event you have a complaint.
WHO WE ARE
Management Company Services Limited (trading as MCS) together with Management Secretaries Limited require to collect, use, and are responsible for certain personal information about you. Management Company Services are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and are responsible as “Controller” of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
In this privacy notice, references to “we” or “us” means Management Company Services.
DATA PROTECTION PRINCIPLES
We will comply with the data protection principles when gathering and using personal information, as set out in our GDPR data protection policy.
THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND USE
In the course of the performance of our contract as Managing Agent for the development where you are a leaseholder, we collect the following personal information when you provide it to us, or we have been appointed as Managing Agent from housebuilder or previous Agent:
- Name and contact details i.e. property and correspondence address, email, and telephone numbers
- Information pertaining to your lease or transfer
- Bank details
- Mortgagee details when required
- We may be required to obtain details from Land Registry or the DVLA
- CCTV images as and when required for security purposes
We seek to ensure that our information collection and processing is always proportionate. We will notify you of any material changes to information we collect or to the purposes for which we collect and process it.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH
It enables us to act in the appropriate manner as Managing Agent, we use or share your personal information, subject to data protection law, when there is a legitimate interest to do so:
- Emergency affecting your property, or buildingContractor appointment, with regard to repair/maintenance
- Debt Collection Agency
- Insurance Companies
- Parking Control Companies where appropriate
- Legal or professional advisors
We will share personal information with law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
WHERE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION MAY BE HELD
Information may be held at our offices and those of our group Companies, and third-party agencies, service providers, representatives and agents as described above.
We have security measures in place to seek to ensure that there is appropriate security for information we hold including those measures detailed in our GDPR data protection policy.
HOW LONG YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL BE KEPT
We will retain personal information for the length of time that we are appointed as your Managing Agent. We will keep personal data for 6 years according to legal and regulatory requirements. All data will be protected and securely destroyed at the end of the period.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary those include rights to:
- Fair processing of information and transparency over how we use your personal information
- Access to your personal information and to certain other supplementary information that this Privacy Notice is already designed to address
- Require us to correct any mistakes in your information which we hold
- Require the erasure of personal information concerning you in certain situations
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit those data to a third party in certain situations
- Object at any time to processing of personal information concerning you for direct marketing
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you
- Object in certain other situations to our continued processing of your personal information
- Otherwise restrict our processing of your personal information in certain circumstances
- Claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please contact the relevant department at MCS or email us at email@example.com
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We hope that we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of your information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is in the Information Commissioner who may be contact at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone 0303 123 1113.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice was published on 25th May 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time, and when we do we will inform you.